Monday 23 May 2011

A little strawberry picking

On saturday our local strawberry field in the next village opened for the start of the strawberry picking season.DH suggested we go after school on monday evening,but it forecast rain for this evening so with grey clouds looming we decided to see if we could beat the rain.We just managed to get back in the truck when the heavens opened.It was soo worth it after tea we had strawberries and ice cream. . . . .Mmmm!
The funniest thing of course was while Hamish and I were picking them  he decided to eat one or two,I turned round to see him spitting out the green bit on the top saying I don't like that bit,I then tried to explain to him that you don't eat the top leaf like piece.Aren't children just so funny!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, there is nothing quite like fresh strawberries! And if I were Hamish I probably would have taste tested them too! But not the leafy bits Lol
    Hope your week is going well
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete