Tuesday 18 January 2011

A new handbag for me!

 I have been meaning for sometime to make myself a big roomy handbag for carrying my crochet around with me,I bought an Amy Butler bag pattern last year.And last summer I cut out and started sewing a bag in very summery Amy Butler fabric but for some reason lost interest and popped it in a dark and forgotten corner somewhere.But then I decided that I needed to start another one of these bags in a darker fabric for the winter . . . . . . and here is the result of my labour.
 Now I feel quite thrilled with myself (large pat on the back!)me thinks.
It's such a great bag and I love it that much that you'll just have to watch this space for the summery one that I now feel motivated to finish . . . . . .tut!tut! shame on me I wish I had finished it sooo much sooner,I don't know why I'm so easily distracted?

5 comments:

  1. Lovely bag! I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot. Have you thawed out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you, it looks great! You have plenty of time to finish one for summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Georgie, well done and I'm looking forward to seeing the summer version too! I hope you're all ok, you missed Crafty Time Out this morning, next one is 2nd February! Crikey, February already?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely winter bag Georgie! You'll whip the summer one up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great bag! I love carrying mine around. The fabric you used is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete